Requirements for nomination:
- Grant money must go to a registered 501(c)(3) in good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of distribution.
- Individuals may be nominated more than once.
- Individuals may nominate themselves.
- Nominee must reside in the Tampa Bay Area.
- Top 10 Finalists must be present at awards ceremony on March 5 in order to win. (Top 5 Finalists in the kids category may submit a video presentation by March 1 if unable to attend the event).
- Nominations must be submitted by February 1 in order to be considered.
The Top 10 Finalists will be announced February 15.
How is the winner chosen?
• All submissions will be reviewed by the Cure Kids’ Cancer Now! Foundation Board and the E.M.M.I. Awards committee.
• The board and committee will narrow down the nominations to the Top 5 kids and Top 5 adults.
• The Top 5 in each category will be invited to attend the E.M.M.I. Awards Luncheon.
• The Top 5 in each category will speak for 2-3 minutes each about their cause and why they support it.
• Luncheon ticket holders in attendance will vote and rank each of the presenters and the top from each category will receive a grant for the foundation of their choice. (Note the foundation must be a registered 501(c)(3) in good standing at the time of submission and winning).